Broccoli Almond Avocado Salad
Part of this whole Insanity Challenge is also eating healthy. I thought I would be proactive on Friday before we flew out on yet another red eye to make a broccoli salad. Now, I’ve eaten cooked broccoli before, but never raw. After making it, which was super easy, I realized that I didn’t love it. And, that it should be more of a side salad than an actual meal.
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 avocado
- handful roasted almonds
- Combine mustard, vinegar and 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a salad bowl. Season.
- Chop broccoli into tiny trees and toss in the dressing.
- Chop avocado in half and scoop bight sized chunks into the dressing using a spoon.
- Toss salad to distribute the dressing and serve with almonds on top.