10 Things I Want to Do in the Next 10 Years
Tomorrow is the big 3-0. What are my big plans for the day, you ask. My boss told me to work from home since no one in our department will be in the office. That kind of excited me because now I can get a jump start on the laundry. I may treat myself to a pedicure. I was going to make chicken and dumplings, but my KISA tonight generously offered to take me out for dinner (what a gentleman). I guess this is what life becomes when you get old.
Bill Gates has a famous quote, “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.” I’m the type of girl that sets goals and has New Year’s resolutions, so I used this as inspiration in deciding what I want to do with my life in the next 10 years.
- Learn how to worry less about things that don’t matter.
- Have a better relationship with my father.
- Settle down (not settle).
- Run a full marathon.
- Travel to Antarctica.
- Be in the best shape of my life.
- Meet my children.
- Stop trying to make others happy.
- Learn self-control with food, especially sweets.
- Finally do a damn pull-up.